“Video: The Sinking Canoe” highlights the following learning objective: “Recognize whether a chore, a challenge, or an assignment calls for help from an outside source, and learn how to ask for help.”
Discuss the following with your child:
- Why is it better to sacrifice pride to save yourself or another from disaster or going the wrong direction in life, than it is to save your or another's pride?
- Discuss a time when you needed help, whether with a personal problem or a physical challenge, but didn't ask for it.
- Why didn't you ask for help?
- How do you think that situation could have worked out better if you had asked for help?
- Think of a time when you saw a friend doing something detrimental or dangerous, and you needed to warn him or her.
- What could have happened if you hadn't warned your friend?