Find out how well you know the Old Testament character, Nehemiah! Send in your answers by June 5 for a chance to see your name in lights.
Hint: See “Level 2 Lesson Plan: Hero of the Month: Nehemiah” for answers to the following questions.
1. What does Nehemiah’s name mean?
2. Name the king whom Nehemiah served.
3. What nation was in power during Nehemiah’s day?
4. What was Nehemiah’s occupation in the king’s court?
A) military advisor
5. What is Nehemiah famous for having said regarding his work of rebuilding Jerusalem?
6. How long did it take Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem?
7. People of unrelated trades and skills also helped Nehemiah during this time. List two of these trades.
8. List the two unsavory characters in Nehemiah’s story.
9. Fill in the blanks and find the chapter and verse reference to the following scripture found somewhere in the book of Nehemiah: “The _____ of the Lord is our ________.”
10. What other Old Testament prophet makes an appearance in the book of Nehemiah?
Authored by R. A. Watterson.
Copyright 2013 by The Family International